The beaches of St Petersburg, Florida offer a tropical destination without the worries of a passport. Our guest, Jen Smith of Modern Frugality, will share the best things to do in St. Petersburg, Florida. If you time your visit just right, you’ll catch the international sandcastle sculpting competition. As awesome as the sand and water may be, there is much more to this town than just beaches. St. Pete has the second-largest collection of Chihuly glass sculptures in the world. And RibFest is sure to satisfy your appetite with some of the best ribs you’ve ever tasted.
The Best Things to Do in St. Petersburg
- Chihuly Museum (reviews)
- The Dali Museum (reviews)
- Segway Tours (reviews)
- St. Petersburg Saturday Morning Market (reviews)
- Tampa Bay Rowdies – Be sure to catch a Rowdies soccer game
- Visit St. Petersburg/Clearwater
- Weedon Island Preserve (reviews) – If you get a chance, you should definitely try kayaking through Wheedon Island Preserve.
The Best Places to Eat in St. Petersburg
- Bodega on Central (reviews) – This place has the best Cuban sandwiches!
- Cappy’s Pizza (reviews) – You can’t go wrong with pizza and a Greek salad from here.
- Ciccio Cali St. Pete (reviews) – If you stop here, be sure to try the Hot & Crunchy bowl.
- Maple Street Biscuit Company (reviews) – Best place for biscuits and gravy.
- Pacific Counter (reviews) – Be sure to try the Poke Bowl here!
- Red Mesa Cantina (reviews) – Be sure to come here for Happy Hour
- Swah-Rey (reviews) – The mini cupcakes are to die for (especially the coffee one)!
The Best Places to Stay in St. Petersburg
- Comfort Inn & Suites at Tropicana Field (reviews)
- Courtyard by Marriott St. Petersburg Downtown (reviews)
- Hampton Inn & Suites St. Petersburg/Downtown (reviews) – They offer free breakfast
- Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront (reviews) – They also offer free breakfast
- Hyatt Place St Petersburg/Downtown (reviews)
- Staybridge Suites St. Petersburg Downtown (reviews) – They have an area shuttle + free breakfast.
- The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Gold Club (reviews) – If you want to splurge then the Vinoy is a beautiful hotel in the heart of everything downtown.
Who is Jen Smith?
In 2017, Jen Smith and her husband finished paying off $78K of debt. She fell in love with minimalism, spending less, & making more money. Jen was even featured in Money Magazine in an article titled – This 29-Year-Old Makes Up to $2,000 a Month Selling T-shirts Online. Here’s Her Fascinating Strategy.
Jen is a freelance personal finance writer that loves to help readers pay off debt. She is also a co-host of the Frugal Friends Podcast with Jill Sirianni. It is an hour-long show full of money-saving advice and fun antics.
Here are a couple of articles that she’s written:
- 21 Ways to Make Extra Money (No Survey Sites!)
- 20 Things We Did to Pay off $53K of Debt in One Year
- Throw a Holiday Party on a Budget!
As you can tell, Jen’s writing is a valuable resource for people looking to pay off debt, make some extra income, and get ahead with their personal finances.
Big thanks to today’s affiliate partner – CLEAR
Don’t you just hate waiting in line for security at the airport? Me too! Even the PreCheck lines are slammed most of the time.
That’s why I use CLEAR to skip the lines and get to my flight quicker.
For my listeners, I’ve worked out a special deal where you can try CLEAR free for 2 months. This is a limited time offer, so go to WeTravelThere.com/clear to sign up today.
Stay tuned for our next episode
Listen to the next episode when Melissa Arnold of the Spencer County Visitors Bureau gets us in the Christmas spirit when we visit Santa Claus, Indiana. We hope you’ll join us when We Travel There.
What’s your favorite part of St. Petersburg, Florida? Let us know in the comment section below or continue the discussion in our Facebook group!
To learn more about the best things to do in Florida, listen to these episodes:
- Pirate Festival, Dali Museum & Mermaids in Tampa Bay, Florida
- Mardi Gras, Shell Island & Annual Blessing of the Fleet in Panama City, Florida
- Tips to Save Time & Money in Orlando, Florida