I’m really excited to interview Sean Sechrist of The Unbeaten Path podcast about Erie, Pennsylvania. Sean grew up in the city, left for college and to start his career, then came home as he followed his own path. He is now a career coach that helps people step out of their comfort zone to find a better path. Sean loves his hometown and looks forward to watching the brilliant sunsets on Lake Erie, which have been named some of the best in the world by National Geographic.
Erie, Pennsylvania is located on the south shore of Lake Erie. It is the halfway point between Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland. one of the hottest cities in the United States.
When you visit Erie, Pennsylvania, there is plenty to do. For example, you can explore a ship from the War of 1812, walk along the Presque Isle Nature Reserve, or relax and enjoy the world-renown sunsets.
We share a lot of resources and local suggestions in today’s podcast, but you should also check out Visit Erie, the local convention and visitor’s bureau. They are a wealth of information and can help you plan an itinerary based on your time, budget, and interests.
Best things to do in Erie
- Presque Isle State Park (reviews) – This is a great place to go hiking, swimming, boating and more.
- Ravine Flyer II (reviews) – You can go to the park and just ride this roller-coaster for about $5
- Waldameer & Water World (reviews) – Waldameer is the 4th oldest amusement park in Pennsylvania. There is a water park there as well.
Best places to eat in Erie
- 1201 Kitchen (reviews) – Fine dining. They change the menu but it’s always great.
- Cloud 9 Wine Bar (reviews) – Good food and beer.
- The Cork (reviews) – Fine dining restaurant. The filet and Sunday brunch are fantastic.
- Jekyll & Hyde’s Gastropub (reviews) – Good food and beer
- Odis 12 Sports Bar & Grille (reviews) – This is the place to go for wings. They have over 150 wing flavor combinations.
- Sara’s Restaurant (reviews) – It’s an Erie Staple. Classic American Diner food, my favorite is a foot long hot dog and fries.
Best places to stay in Erie
Here are the best places to stay in Erie.
- Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel (reviews) – This hotel is located right on the water.
- Courtyard by Marriott Erie Bayfront (reviews) – This hotel is also located right on the water.
Places we talked about on the podcast
Here is a map of all of the places we talked about on the podcast episode with Sean Sechrist about Erie, Pennsylvania. You can zoom into the map and click on each dot to explore the city.
- Red dots = best places to eat in Erie, Pennsylvania
- Green dots = best things to do in Erie, Pennsylvania
- Yellow dots = best places to stay in Erie, Pennsylvania
Who is Sean Sechrist?
Sean Sechrist is a career coach and host of The Unbeaten Path podcast. He used to work in the corporate world until he realized he needed to take a different route. So, now he helps people step out of their comfort zone and pursue their dream careers.
Here are a couple of his podcast episodes and blog posts:
- Know Your WHY
- Travel More, Spend Less, and Live Better with Lee Huffman
- Make Time for Yourself Every Day
Big thanks to our affiliate partner – Nectar Sleep
Although I love to travel, sometimes it is good to be home. When I moved to Nashville, I decided to splurge and get a Nectar Sleep mattress that provided all of the comforts of a luxury hotel, without the price tag of one.
I love that Nectar Sleep includes a forever warranty and that you get a 365-night trial to make sure that your mattress is everything you’ve dreamed of.
For a limited time, my listeners will get $125 off AND two free pillows with your order when you use the link WeTravelThere.com/nectar.
Stay tuned for our next episode
Listen to the next episode when Jon and Ben Nickel-D’Andrea of No Mas Coach share where to see flying fish and underground tunnels in Seattle, Washington. We hope you’ll join us when We Travel There.
What’s your favorite part of Erie, Pennsylvania? Let us know in the comment section below or continue the discussion in our Facebook group!
To learn more about Philadelphia and other cities in the Pennsylvania area, please listen to our other episodes:
- Pierogies, Incline Trains, and Terrible Towels in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Independence Hall, Rittenhouse & Sports Complex in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Hersheypark, Indian Echo Caverns & Zoo America in Hershey, Pennsylvania
- Liberty Bell, Elfreth’s Alley & Cheese Steaks in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania