I’m really excited to interview Dustin Heiner of Master Passive Income about Phoenix, Arizona. Dustin’s tips for the best things to do in Phoenix are awesome because he’s lived there for numerous years after he retired from his day job thanks to his real estate investing.
We share a lot of resources and local suggestions in today’s podcast, but you should also check out Visit Phoenix, the local visitor’s bureau. They are a wealth of information and can help you plan an itinerary based on your time, budget, and interests.
If you’d like to learn how to travel for free using airline miles and hotel points, check out my free 7-day email course.
Best places to Eat in Phoenix
- Hash Kitchen Chandler (reviews)
- Rocket Burger & Subs (reviews) – Rocket Burger is a fantastic burger restaurant
Best places to Stay in Phoenix
- Best Western Plus Scottsdale Thunderbird Suites (reviews)
- Days Inn Airport Phoenix (reviews)
- Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Downtown (reviews)
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix Downtown – Ballpark (reviews)
- Hyatt Regency Phoenix (reviews)
- Quality Inn & Suites Phoenix (reviews)
- Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport (reviews)
- Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel (reviews)
Getting around Phoenix
The local airport is Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX), which is about 4 miles from downtown.
If you only need a car for a couple of hours, you can rent by the hour with Zipcar. Join now to get $25 loaded into your account.
Places we talked about on the podcast
Here is a map of all of the places we talked about on the podcast episode with Dustin Heiner about Phoenix, Arizona. You can zoom into the map and click on each dot to explore the city.
- Red dots = best places to eat in Phoenix, Arizona
- Green dots = best things to do in Phoenix, Arizona
- Yellow dots = best places to stay in Phoenix, Arizona
Who is Dustin Heiner?
Dustin Heiner has escaped the 9-to-5 rat race through passive income. He worked for years to build up enough income to replace his traditional paycheck, then wrote a book called How to Quit Your Job With Rental Properties to share his story.
Friends, family, and people he met wanted to know how they could do it too, so he started Master Passive Income to teach people how to earn passive income through rental real estate. If you’d like to hear more about rental properties, also check out the Master Passive Income Podcast. My favorite episode is when Dustin interviewed me to talk about Delayed Financing.
Here are a couple of articles that he’s written:
- How to Retire Early Financial Independence by Investing In Real Estate Rental Properties
- 16 Reasons Why You Must Invest In Single Family Home Rental Properties
- How to Invest In Real Estate [The Definitive Step-by-Step Guide]
Dustin is offering his email course for free to followers of the We Travel There podcast. Click the link to sign up and see if passive income through rental real estate is for you.
Big thanks to today’s affiliate partner – AwardWallet
This episode is brought to you, in part, by AwardWallet. Using airline miles and hotel points makes travel affordable, but keeping track of all of those loyalty programs can be a challenge.
That’s why I use AwardWallet to track my miles and points balances, reservations, and special goodies like free hotel night certifications and airline companion passes.
Having everything in one easy-to-use dashboard helps ensure I don’t let any rewards expire and makes logging into my accounts super easy. Go to WeTravelThere.com/awardwallet to start your free account.
Stay tuned for our next episode
Listen to the next episode when Craig Wealand of InglesPodcast.com takes us to the beaches of Valencia, Spain and we enjoy the best paella you’ve ever tasted. We hope you’ll join us when We Travel There.