It was fun to interview my good friend Adam Sterling of The Sterling Traveler about Laguna Beach, California. Adam grew up in Laguna Beach and lives in Orange County, so he knows the best things to do in Laguna Beach. I find it interesting how the city maintains its artistic roots even as it continues to evolve. If you haven’t heard of the Pageant of the Masters, you are in for a treat.
Best Things to Do in Laguna Beach
Best Places to Eat in Laguna Beach
- Dizz’s As Is (reviews) – They have some funky prix fixe menus
- Kitchen In The Canyon (reviews) – I haven’t eaten here but have heard great things.
- Lumberyard (reviews) – This place has the best burgers
- Mozambique (reviews) – This is a South African steakhouse and has a good bar & happy hour.
- Salerno’s Ristorante (reviews) – The best Italian restaurant
Best Places to stay in Laguna Beach
- Best Western Redondo Beach Galleria Inn (reviews)
- Hampton Inn & Suites Hermosa Beach (reviews)
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Manhattan Beach (reviews)
- Holiday Inn Laguna Beach (reviews) – At the time of this recording, this Holiday Inn offers 25,000 points/night.
- HYATT house Los Angeles/El Segundo (reviews)
- Quality Inn & Suites Hermosa Beach (reviews)
- Surf and Sand Resort (reviews) – This is my favorite hotel in the city!
- Westdrift Manhattan Beach (reviews)
Who is Adam Sterling?
Adam Sterling works in technology by day and focuses on earning miles and points at night. He writes about his latest travel adventures and loyalty programs at The Sterling Traveler.
Adam also teaches people how to earn and use airline miles and hotel points at The Points Curator. I recently took his latest course and believe it is an excellent option for people to learn the basics of traveling using miles and points at a reasonable price.
Here are a couple of articles that he’s written:
- What to do in Park City in the Summer
- Is Basic Economy Worth it?
- Get the Most Value from Your Points and Miles
As you can tell, his writing is a valuable resource for anyone that loves to travel using airline miles and hotel points.
Big thanks to our affiliate partner – Nectar Sleep
Although I love to travel, sometimes it is good to be home. When I moved to Nashville, I decided to splurge and get a Nectar Sleep mattress that provided all of the comforts of a luxury hotel, without the price tag of one.
I love that Nectar Sleep includes a forever warranty and that you get a 365-night trial to make sure that your mattress is everything you’ve dreamed of.
For a limited time, my listeners will get $125 off AND two free pillows with your order when you use the link WeTravelThere.com/nectar.
Stay tuned for our next episode
Listen to the next episode when Michael Trager of Travel Zork shares how to tilt the odds in your favor with casino loyalty programs in Las Vegas, Nevada. We hope you’ll join us when We Travel There.
What’s your favorite part of Laguna Beach? Let us know in the comment section below or continue the discussion in our Facebook group!
- Magic Castle, Secret Stairs & Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles, California
- The beer capital of the U.S. is in San Diego, California
- Haunted Queen Mary and Breakfast with Chris in Long Beach, California