It was so good to interview Robert Farrington of The College Investor about San Diego, California. Robert is a native of San Diego and there is so much to do here. He says that it is the craft beer capital of the world, but I love San Diego for the family-friendly activities like the San Diego Zoo and the Safari Park. Robert has plenty of tips for the best things to do in San Diego, California, so come along for the ride.
Please take a moment to subscribe to our podcast. It is available on all of the major podcast channels, such as Apple Podcasts, Google, Spotify, Sti
Best Things to Do in San Diego
- Balboa Park (reviews) – You can find art here and it’s very easy to get to.
- Gaslamp Quarter (reviews) – For the single nightlife, check out Gaslamp.
- LEGOLAND California Resort (reviews) – Another great place to visit with the family.
- Old Town (reviews) – This was the original settlement of San Diego. This place is cool and has great Mexican restaurants. Barra Barra is located here in Old Town.
- Petco Park (reviews) – Robert says that this is one of the best stadiums in the country. It’s a great place to watch a baseball game, even though “the Padres aren’t amazing to watch”.
- San Diego Zoo (reviews) – Great place for families to visit.
- SeaWorld (reviews) – Another great place to visit with your family.
- Torrey Pines State Reserve (reviews) – Great hiking along the coast. Easy trails too. They only take about 30 minutes from the mountain to the beach.
Best Places to Eat in San Diego
- Barra Barra (reviews) – Kids eat free here. Great deal and great food.
- Puesto La Jolla (reviews) – Phenomenal street tacos and margaritas.
Best Places to Stay in San Diego
When you come to this little slice of outdoor heaven, here are the best places to stay in San Diego.
- San Diego Mission Bay Resort (reviews) – This is right on the beach and has a great pool area for the kids.
- Hotel Indigo San Diego-Gaslamp Quarter (reviews)
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego (reviews)
- Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina (reviews)
Who is Robert Farrington?
Robert Farrington is America’s Millennial Money Expert and America’s Student Loan Debt Expert. He started The College Investor to be the #1 tool to help you get out of student loan debt, learn how to earn more money, understand how to start investing, all so you can build real wealth.
Here are a couple of articles that he’s written:
- CreditSesame Review: Free credit monitoring with a great app
- RentTrack Review: Build credit by paying your rent
- What is a Boglehead and what investing lessons can you learn?
As you can tell, Robert’s writing is focused on investing, credit, and student loans for young adults.
You can connect with Robert Farrington at his website and on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.
Big thanks to today’s affiliate partner – CLEAR
Don’t you just hate waiting in line for security at the airport? Me too! Even the PreCheck lines are slammed most of the time.
That’s why I use CLEAR to skip the lines and get to my flight quicker.
For my listeners, I’ve worked out a special deal where you can try CLEAR free for 2 months. This is a limited-time offer, so go to WeTravelThere.com/clear to sign up today.
Stay tuned for our next episode
Listen to the next episode when Michelle Jackson of the Square State Podcast shows us why Denver, Colorado is called the Mile High City. We hope you’ll join us when We Travel There.
What’s your favorite part of San Diego? Let us know in the comment section below or continue the discussion in our Facebook group!
Please take a moment to subscribe to the podcast via Apple Podcasts or Stitcher so you don’t miss the next episode! While you’re at it, give us a rating and Tweet the podcast to your friends.
To see which cities we’ve interviewed and scheduled, please visit WeTravelThere.com/map. If you’d like to be a guest on the show, please submit an application at WeTravelThere.com/guest.
- Eating California Burritos on the Beach in San Diego, California
- Magic Castle, Secret Stairs & Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles, California
- Best Things to Do in Laguna Beach, California with Adam Sterling
- Haunted Queen Mary and Breakfast with Chris in Long Beach, California