I’m really excited to interview Joshua Symons of Two Passports about London, UK. Josh’s tips for the best things to do in London are awesome because he moved here in 2017 and loves how it is one of the world’s most influential cities.
We share a lot of resources and local suggestions in today’s podcast, but you should also check out Visit London, the local visitor’s bureau. They are a wealth of information and can help you plan an itinerary based on your time, budget, and interests.
If you’d like to learn how to travel for free using airline miles and hotel points, check out my free 7-day email course.
Getting around London
There are several airport options when flying into London. However, Josh suggests flying into Heathrow Airport (LHR) and then taking the Piccadilly Line into London. You can also check out his blog post here where he discusses different airport options.
Josh says that there’s no reason to rent a car when visiting London. Public transportation is excellent and there are “black car” taxis and rideshare options throughout the city. Uber and Lyft are excellent ways to get around. And many visitors can easily walk between attractions in different segments of the city.
Places we talked about on the podcast
Here is a map of all of the places we talked about on the podcast episode with Joshua Symons about London, UK. You can zoom into the map and click on each dot to explore the city.
- Red dots = best places to eat in London, UK
- Green dots = best things to do in London, UK
- Yellow dots = best places to stay in London, UK
Who is Josh Symons?
Two Passports is a travel blog aiming to show travelers and wanderlusters how they can make the most of their annual leave, without breaking the bank, whilst equally not feeling the pressure of a budget. Josh and Sasha created Two Passports as a passion project to share our love of travel as well as guides, tips, and tricks to help ease the stress of planning that perfect city break. They’re passionate about exploring new places and experiencing their unique character and charm.
Here are a few articles that he’s written:
- London Travel Guide
- London’s Best Pubs: Soho
- Our Guide to London’s Six Airports
- London: Top 5 Places to Visit as a Tourist
Big thanks to today’s affiliate partner – CLEAR
Don’t you just hate waiting in line for security at the airport? Me too! Even the PreCheck lines are slammed most of the time.
That’s why I use CLEAR to skip the lines and get to my flight quicker.
For my listeners, I’ve worked out a special deal where you can try CLEAR free for 2 months. This is a limited-time offer, so go to WeTravelThere.com/clear to sign up today.
Stay tuned for our next episode
Listen to the next episode when Lane Fournerat of The Travel Vlog Family shares the best things to do in Lafayette, LA. In this episode, Lane and I talk about attending Festival Acadiens, touring the Tabasco factory, and eating boudin. We hope you’ll join us when We Travel There.
If you’re planning a trip to the United Kingdom, check out our other episodes for the region:
- Burning of the Clocks Parade, Hove Lagoon & Upside Down House in Brighton, England
- Winchester Cathedral, King Arthur’s Round Table & Chesil Rectory in Winchester, UK
- Hidden Pubs and Walking a Llama with Chris in Surrey, England
- Best Things to Do in Sheffield, England with Anne Slater-Brooks
- Valhalla Museum, Tresco Gardens & Dark Skies Week on the Isles of Scilly, UK
- Cracking the Enigma Code in Milton Keynes, England
- Latitude Festival, Adam & Eve Pub & Norwich Castle in Norwich, United Kingdom