I’m really excited to interview James Hammond of Winging It Podcast about Norwich, United Kingdom. James’ tips for the best things to do in Norwich are awesome because he lived there for the first 18 years of his life. It is a historic city that is a safe place to live, which makes it a perfect place for visitors.
Norwich, United Kingdom
We share a lot of resources and local suggestions in today’s podcast, but you should also check out Visit Norwich, the local visitor’s bureau. They are a wealth of information and can help you plan an itinerary based on your time, budget, and interests.
If you’d like to learn how to travel for free using airline miles and hotel points, check out my free 7-day email course.
Getting around Norwich
James says that no car is needed if you’re staying within the core of the city, as it is very walkable. However, if you plan on visiting other cities and attractions within Norfolk County, then it is best to rent a car because public transportation isn’t that good and rideshares are not available. For the best rental car offers, visit Avis, Budget, or Hertz.
Places we talked about on the podcast
Here is a map of all of the places we talked about on the podcast episode with James Hammond about Norwich, United Kingdom. You can zoom into the map and click on each dot to explore the city.
- Red dots = best places to eat in Norwich, United Kingdom
- Green dots = best things to do in Norwich, United Kingdom
- Yellow dots = best places to stay in Norwich, United Kingdom
Who is James Hammond?
James Hammond is the host of the Winging It Podcast and has a passion for travel. Originally from Norwich, he grew up there for 18 years before going to university in London. Since 2013, he has been traveling the world seeing as much of it as he possibly can. Having traveled to 50 countries to date, he is looking to expand his travel portfolio, meet as many people as possible, and hear stories that he can share. Be inspired!
Here are a few of his podcast episodes to check out:
- Episode 1 – Why I Travel and Why You Should!
- Episode 47 – Travelling With Meagan Lovett + Mike Gosse in Kenya, Tanzania, Vietnam, Laos + Thailand
- Episode 3 – Travelling With Adam
Big thanks to today’s podcast partner – Bluffworks
This episode is brought to you, in part, by Bluffworks. Whether I’m traveling for business or pleasure, it’s important to have clothes that make me look good AND feel great. I wear Bluffworks jeans, slacks, dress shirts, and blazers because they’re wrinkle-free and are designed for the modern traveler. And if they get dirty, a quick spin in the washing machine and they’re good as new.
Go to WeTravelThere.com/bluffworks and use the promo code from the image below to save 10% off your order. There are many styles to fit your needs so you can stay wrinkle-free when you travel.
Stay tuned for our next episode
Listen to the next episode when Bob DiMenna of The Travelers Blueprint shares the best things to do in Philadelphia, PA. We hope you’ll join us when We Travel There.
If you’re planning a trip to the United Kingdom, check out our other episodes for the region:
- Buckingham Palace, Christmas Markets & Click Prison in London, UK
- Burning of the Clocks Parade, Hove Lagoon & Upside Down House in Brighton, England
- Hidden Pubs and Walking a Llama with Chris in Surrey, England
- Best Things to Do in Sheffield, England with Anne Slater-Brooks
- Valhalla Museum, Tresco Gardens & Dark Skies Week on the Isles of Scilly, UK
- Cracking the Enigma Code in Milton Keynes, England with Lindsay