I’m really excited to interview Kim Julen of Finding Your Fiji about Maui, Hawaii. Kim’s tips for the best things to do in Maui are awesome because they come from someone who really knows and understands all the things Maui has to offer.
We share a lot of resources and local suggestions in today’s podcast, but you should also check out the Maui Visitors & Convention Bureau. They are a wealth of information and can help you plan an itinerary based on your time, budget, and interests.
If you’d like to learn how to travel for free using airline miles and hotel points, check out my free 7-day email course.
Best Things to Do in Maui
- Maui Visitors Bureau
- Pacific Whale Foundation – For Whale Watching tours I recommend Pacific Whale Foundation, not only because they have very knowledgeable guides (certified Marine Naturalists) and underwater hydrophones (so you can hear the whales singing) but because all profits from their cruises, as well as our Ocean Store retail operations, support Pacific Whale Foundation’s research, education, and conservation programs.
- Road To Hana (reviews) – Road to Hana – if you stay over 2 nights you’ll save $$.
Best places to stay in Maui
Here are the best places to stay in Maui.
- Andaz Maui At Wailea Resort (reviews) – If you’ve got the cash, the Andaz is a gorgeous property in Wailea with lots of wonderful amenities and right on the beach.
- Best Western Pioneer Inn (reviews)
- Days Inn Maui Oceanfront (reviews)
- Fairmont Kea Lani – Maui (reviews) – Another gorgeous property in Wailea located on the beach.
- Grand Wailea Maui, A Waldorf Astoria Resort (reviews) -This is yet another gorgeous property on the beach.
- Wailea Beach Resort (reviews)
AirBnB is also a great option. Use our referral link to get $40 off your first AirBnB stay.
Getting around Maui
The local airport is Kahului Airport (OGG), which is about 20 minutes from the center of Maui.
Kim Julen says that you will want a car when you visit. There isn’t public transportation available and many attractions are close, but not necessarily walking distance.
If you only need a car for a couple of hours, you can rent by the hour with Zipcar. Join now to get $25 loaded into your account.
Places we talked about on the podcast
Here is a map of all of the places we talked about on the podcast episode with Kim Julen about Maui, Hawaii. You can zoom into the map and click on each dot to explore the city.
- Red dots = best places to eat in Maui, Hawaii
- Green dots = best things to do in Maui, Hawaii
- Yellow dots = best places to stay in Maui, Hawaii
Who is Kim Julen?
Kim Julen is the founder of Finding Your Fiji. She’s also a thought leader, writer, entrepreneur, speaker, and Feng Shui Intuitive Coach. Kim is passionate about helping you Find Your Fiji and live a more joy-filled, happy, and harmonious life.
In the past, she was a stressed and overworked insurance claims adjuster, a do-it-all mom of two young boys, unhappily married, and overweight. Kim wanted more from life and became captivated with personal development, studying everything from Angels and the Law of Attraction to Energy Medicine and Feng Shui.
Over the past 15 years, she learned to shift her thoughts, follow her intuition, and create an environment in her home and office that supports her well-being. In doing so, Kim transformed her life. She’s been self-employed for the past 12 years doing work that she loves. And she has connected and peaceful relationships with her boys, travels frequently, and most of all is happy!
Here are a couple of articles that she’s written:
- Your Space Reflects Your Life: What is yours saying?
- Bells Brrrring Good Things
- Holiday Cheer: 12 Quick Feng Shui & Energy Tips
Big thanks to today’s affiliate partner – Zipcar
I avoid renting cars as much as possible when I travel, but sometimes you just need a car for a few hours. That’s where Zipcar comes in. You can rent their cars by the hour, or by the day… and both gas and insurance are included in one flat rate.
Use our link to join at WeTravelThere.com/zipcar to start out with $25 worth of credits in your bank.
Stay tuned for our next episode
Listen to the next episode when Drew Taddia of True Form Life shares where to find the best beaches in Redondo Beach, California. We hope you’ll join us when We Travel There.
Hawaii is an incredibly popular tourist destination. To learn more about the islands, please listen to our other podcast episodes for the state:
- Kona Coffee, Sea Turtles & Volcanoes National Park in Kona, Hawaii
- Gorgeous Sunrises From the Lanikai Pillboxes in Kailua, Hawaii
- Best Things to Do in Oahu, Hawaii with Doug Nordman